PREFALC: summer schools – Call | Regional Program France Latin America Caribbean
The French ministry of higher education and research (MESR), the French ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE), and the Foundation Maison des sciences de l’homme (FMSH) are launching the 2023 call for projects of the PREFALC programme (France-Latin American Caribbean Regional Programme).
The PREFAL supports every year French higher education institutions wishing to develop partnerships with Latin American/Caribbean universities by setting up missions for teacher-researchers.
These missions aim to promote exchanges and training at the master level in the following areas: Agricultural and ecological sciences, physical and chemical sciences, humanities and social sciences, digital humanities, medical sciences, human biology, mathematical sciences, earth and universe sciences, information and communication sciences, engineering sciences.
This call is specifically dedicated to the implementation of summer schools within the Prefalc programme.
PREFALC “Summer schools” is :
- Thematic summer schools at the master’s level that are part of Franco-Latin American and Caribbean training offers, and give the right to certified credit hours.
- Two summer schools per selected project, organized in Latin America/Caribbean, promoting the mobility of French teacher-researchers.
- Possibility to insert hybrid modules
- A co-financing up to 25 000€ and up to 40% of the total of the budget.
· A project must involve at least 3 institutions of higher education: 1 French and 2 Latin American or Caribbean from different countries.
· It must contribute to the circulation of French teachers in Latin America, as well as the mobility of Latin American and Caribbean teachers in Latin America.
· It must set up at least 2 summer schools, highlight the modules or seminars (number of hours to be completed according to the ECTS nomenclature and topics to be covered) that would be integrated into the master’s programme of the French, Latin American or Caribbean partner, in order to make visible the respective contributions in terms of content and methodologies. The partners must indicate the specificity of this module in any multimedia communication support used to promote their master;
· It is mandatory to include co-financing from French and Latin American/Caribbean institutions. PREFALC can fund up to 25,000€ and up to 40% of the total budget;
· Special attention will be given to projects that create new collaborations or new regional academic networks; and promoting parity and gender balance
The project must be submitted by the French institution, which will be the project coordinator through:
· A project leader, based in the institution, who develops the content and ensures the scientific coordination and evaluation of teaching assignments (Important: he/she can only coordinate one PREFALC project at a time).
· An administrative manager from the International Relations Office who will be responsible for submitting the application file as well as for the administrative, financial, and accounting follow-up of the project in conjunction with the PREFALC team at the FMSH.
- Call opening November 23, 2023
- Closing March 28, 2024
- Announcement of selected projects June 2024
- Project start-up between September 2024 and January 2025
-23/11/2023: Apertura del concurso.
-18/12/2023: Difusión del concurso desde la VRIDT.
-04/03/2024: Fecha límite para informar a la Dirección de Investigación, sobre la participación en el concurso, completando el Formulario de Iniciativa de Proyectos (FIP) a través del sistema SIVRIDT.
Video Tutorial: ingresar aquí
-14/03/2024: Fecha límite para enviar el Formulario de Autorización de Proyectos (FAP) a través del sistema SIVRIDT. Video Tutorial: ingresar aquí
-20/03/2024: Fecha límite para enviar los documentos de avances del proyecto a través del sistema SIVRIDT.
Vídeo Tutorial: ingresar aquí
-25/03/2024: Plazo máximo de la VRIDT, para solicitar mejoras o ajustes a los proyectos.
–28/03/2024: Plazo máximo para postular a través de la plataforma de postulación.
-28/06/2024: Plazo máximo para respaldar (subir) los documentos postulados del concurso en el sistema SIVRIDT. Video Tutorial: ingresar aquí
Link Concurso: https://www.fmsh.fr/en/funding/prefalc-summer-schools
Correo de contacto: For initial contact and questions about the program, please use this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org +33 1 40 48 64 94